Altec Round hay Bale Unwinder – Model DR160S – LRSQ
Need to convert round bales into small square bales?
With the speed and convenience that round bales can be made, many farmers are using round bales to get the hay off the field. Later, when time permits, they are turning the round bales into square bales.
The increased demand for small square bales has been created by the market growth of retail hay for the horse trade.
The DR160S Altec / Seven Bale Unwinder is your most valuable tool in that conversion.
UNWINDS LARGE ROUND BALES, MAX. 5′W X 6′H (1.2 X 1.8M) 2200 LBS TO FEED SMALL SQUARE BALER.
How it Works
The round Altec / Seven Bale unwinder sits in front of the square baler and is operated hydraulically from the tractor. Self-adjustable bottom keeps the bale at the right height as the round bale feeds into the square baler. The drive chains on the unwinder change according to the actual weight of the bale as it unwinds.
A valve on the side of the bale unwinder controls the speed with a forward and reverse switch on the same side. Hay originally baled as round bales will often keep ‘fresher’ than small square bales. By re-baling hay as needed into small square bales, the bales are often better quality hay.
- Cat. II 3-point hitch with offset mount for moving the machine or for use as right-hand side discharge for standard bale unwinding.
- Right-hand or optional rear discharge. Left-hand discharge on Telehandler.
- Hydraulic drive – no PTO!
- All unwinders are fitted with a self-adjustable bottom. The chain tension changes according to the actual weight of the bale as it unwinds.
- Can be used to unwind hay and silage bales to feed livestock or spread straw for bedding.
- Handles bales up to 2200 lbs. 60″ model available.
FOR UNWINDING 4′ X 8′ SQUARE BALES WE OFFER THE SEVEN DT120 UNWINDER.
I can round bale my hay, put it in the barn. With my unwinder, I can square bale, load on and off the trailer as needed. It saves time, labour and stays fresher. Fred Boyd, Boyd Ranch, Summit City, MS
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SEVEN BALE UNWINDER WITH AVAILABLE OPTIONS:
For spreading of straw
For the feeding of animals
Lateral Rotary Spreader, shoots straw 22′ out from machine.
Twin Axial Spreader, spreads straw in a 22′ wide swath.
Self Loading Arm
Conveyor Belt for bunker feeding.
Unwind for orchard and field use
Unwind for Feeding livestock
DR160SR-F allows for right hand or rear discharge with offset 3 point hitch.
DR160SR-F showing rear discharge
Optional axial straw spreader.
- Right-hand or rear discharge
- Cat. II 3-point hitch
- Hydraulic drive – no PTO!
- All Altec unwinders are fitted with a self-adjustable bottom. The chains tension changes according to the actual weight of the bales as it unwinds.
- Can be used to unwind hay and wrapped silage bales to feed cattle
- Handles bales up to 1000kg, max. 5’ x 6’ (1.2 x 1.8m)
- Altec DR160SR-F Lateral unwinds hay, wrapped hay bales and allows for discharge of material from back of machine or right hand discharge with offset 3-point hitch.
Options for DR160S
- Self loading arm loads bales instantly
- Lateral rotary spreader for spreading straw
- Axial straw spreader
DR160S for 48” wide bales
DR160S for 60” wide bales
DR160SR-F for 48” wide bales
DR160SR-F for 60” wide bales